Call For Papers
MaleSurvivor 14th International Conference
We are extending the deadline for proposals to Monday March 3rd. Please submit any further proposals through the online entry at the following link: please click here or go to malesurvivor.org, and click on the "2014 International Conference" tab on the upper left hand side of the webpage to obtain the "Call For Papers" online entry. Thank you!
EVOLUTION: FROM HURTING TO HEALING
October 31-November 2, 2014
Marriott Liberty/Newark Airport, Newark, New Jersey
The effects of sexual abuse for boys and men are painful, confusing and complex. These same words frequently describe the healing process as well. An important addition to the healing process is hope. MaleSurvivor’s 14th International Conference seeks workshop proposals that relate to the evolutionary journey from hurting to healing. We encourage survivors, mental health professionals, researchers, academicians and others to submit their work on the following topics:
- International and national work with refugees, the trafficked, prisoners of war, and victims services
- Sexual abuse within institutions- educational, religious, athletic, military, child welfare, health care, criminal justice organizations, family structures and dynamics of abuse.
- Psychotherapeutic and expressive arts approaches to healing
- Personal journeys of healing
- Managing substance abuse and self-medication
- Fatherhood as a healing experience, a challenge, and an opportunity for growth
- Partners of survivors
- Creative inclusion & support of partners
Proposals are due on March 3, 2014.
To submit your proposal online, please use the following link:
If you are not able to utilize the electronic form for filing your speaking proposal, you may forward via regular email, please see submission instructions at www.MaleSurvivor.org under the
Conference Tab/Call for Papers Sub tab