Becoming an Affiliate Sponsor of the
MaleSurvivor 14th International Conference
Evolution: From Hurting to Healing
MaleSurvivor provides critical resources to male survivors of sexual trauma and all their partners in recovery by building communities of Hope, Healing and Support. When you partner with MaleSurvivor, your organization not only sends a strong message of your commitment to support millions of male survivors of sexual trauma and their loved ones, it also enables us to increase the quality of the programming and overall experience that we will be able to provide during our 14th International Conference.
Our 14th International Conference is scheduled to take place October 31 - November 2, 2014, at the Newark Airport Marriott Hotel, located in Newark, New Jersey. The conference theme will be, Evolution: From Hurting to Healing. The Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT) is serving as sponsor of CEs for the conference.
About the MaleSurvivor Conference:
- Our conference is the largest, and most established conference in the world with a primary focus on male sexual victimization. Our first professional conference on male sexual victimization was held in Minneapolis in October of 1988.
- Since that time, MaleSurvivor has held 13 conferences, and has become the premier international professional conference on the topic. At the last conference in 2012, over 350 attendees from 20 countries came together to share their knowledge and show their dedication to the work of healing survivors heal.
- MaleSurvivor conferences are special because they bring together professionals across many disciplines (psychology, social work, law enforcement, and others) with survivors and their partners in recovery to collaborate and connect with one another.
The 2014 conference will have eight emphases:
- International and national work with refugees, the trafficked, prisoners of war, and victims services
- Sexual abuse within institutions- educational, religious, athletic, military, child welfare, health care, criminal justice organizations, family structures and dynamics of abuse.
- Psychotherapeutic and expressive arts approaches to healing
- Personal journeys of healing
- Managing substance abuse and self-medication
- Fatherhood as a healing experience, a challenge, and an opportunity for growth
- Partners of survivors
- Creative inclusion & support of partners
What does it cost to be an affiliate sponsor?
Nothing! Our affiliate sponsor program is a great way for small and low-budget organizations to get exposure to the survivor and advocacy communities. An Affiliate Sponsorship Form accompanies this letter. Please feel free to contact us should you need additional information.
- Affiliate sponsors agree to include our conference brochures in your general mailings, send information about this event to your email list(s) on our behalf, place a link from your website to our website conference announcement, and/or provide in-kind services.
- Affiliate sponsors will be listed on the MaleSurvivor website, along with a direct link to your website, and your organization will be listed in all of our conference literature.
- Affiliate sponsors are eligible for discounted conference registration as outlined on the attached sponsorship agreement.
Are there other sponsorship opportunities available?Absolutely! We also need financial sponsors to help underwrite scholarships, A/V, and other associated conference costs. For a full list of opportunities, please visit the “Conference Sponsors” tab on the 2014 Conference Page on our website, or email me at email@example.com
With thanks and regards,
|MaleSurvivor 2014 Conference Co-Chair|